Monday 29 September 2014

My charms are in the mail!!!!

    With a little nudging from my friend , Rita, of Toltec Jewels I joined in with the Beads of courage challenge organized by Jennifer Cameron. I've never made multiples of anything before and this challenge involved producing 11 charms to send off to Jen so she receives them by Oct. 20th. She'll organize everybody's contributions and send 10 charms back to each of us. Mine went off by Canada Post today. They told me they'd get there in 4-6 days but we'll have to see!

What fun it will be to get 10 different works of art from jewelry artists whose work I am in awe of. The Beads of Courage part involves a set of all the charms being auctioned off on eBay and the proceeds going to the organization Beads of Courage which supports children with serious illnesses .  It's a great charity and an admirable one to donate to. Here is their information.

     This group of jewelry makers donates time, energy and money to this charity. The money raised by the eBay auction of charms is donated totally to this charity. Last year $1500.00 was donated and hopefully we'll see more this year.

The reveal for this challenge is November 14th and that is also the day of the auction. I hope all of my readers will remember and check out the auction on that day. I'll be revealing the charms I made on my blog that day but they have to remain a secret until then.  Here are some teaser pics to pique your interest. See you on the 14th.

You'll have to come back November 14th to see what I made

3 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see what you have come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been busy, Nan! Looking forward to seeing all the charms :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhh the suspense Nan! What a wonderful idea and a great cause, like you say I hope lots of money is raised this year.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your lovely comments! I love to read them and they really make my day.