Wednesday 8 January 2014

Deep freeze!

     It's been bitterly cold the last 2 days in Hamilton where I'm now living so I've been online most of that time because even though I have plenty to do I'm addicted to ETSY! I've ordered some lampwork beads to get me back to jewelry making. I need some inspiration since it's been several months since I have created! But I have several good reasons for the dry spell... illness, moving,retiring and falling and breaking my neck one week after moving into my new home!

       Luckily it is a stable fracture and I didn't have any complications.(like paralysis or death ) so I feel pretty lucky. In fact I walked around for 3 days before I had an x-ray which revealed the fracture. My only complaint was the bad pain for 4 weeks and having to wear a stiff cervical collar for 15 weeks. It really cramps my style and I'm very nervous to venture outside in the ice and snow in case I fall again.

     However I've managed to unpack all my jewelry making supplies and set up my studio. It's not as cool as my previous "Studio In The Wall" but it's much bigger.
Once I get creating and increase my inventory I may open a shop on ETSY although I'm hesitant since there is sooooo much jewelry there already. The other option is trying to get some businesses and galleries in town to display my work.
We'll see what happens.

4 comments:

  1. Yikes, I'm so sorry to hear about your cervical break. Considering the alternatives the collar doesn't look so bad. Congratulations on retiring. I'm looking forward to getting there some day. I hope you now have lots of creative time for beading and whatever else you want to do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, that is not the accessory you wanted to be wearing, Nan :( ... but as you said, there is still room for gratitude! Hopefully both the weather and your injury will improve steadily, so you can start enjoying your retirement as you deserve. I have a feeling once you can venture out properly, you will find yourself surrounded by inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, Nan. Do be careful now. I'd be afraid of falling again too. Wait, I AM afraid of falling. It would not do me or my arthritic joints any good, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your lovely comments! I love to read them and they really make my day.