The first 2 weeks were spent experimenting with mokume gane and alcohol inks which is so much fun and I will be returning to it again during this year long challenge.
Weeks 3 and 4 occurred simultaneously with other challenges that I joined in so I killed two birds with one stone for each week. I have been playing almost constantly with polymer since the holidays and came up with the following pieces of jewelry. I wanted to try to make some clay in the same color as the Pantone color of the year, Marsala. I combined many pieces of scrap clay from my collection and was successful in making these discs in a pretty close match to marsala.
I also entered them in the We're All Ears monthly challenge whose theme was the color of the year.
I created this neat brooch when I was experimenting with mokume gane and found it echoed the monthly art challenge on Art Bead Scene so I also entered it into that challenge as well as week 4.
Meanwhile I have been exploring the creation of a new style of jewelry and components for me. I've been working on a more organic look to my creations and these pieces are what I've come up with for Week 5.
Week 6 is something completely different as I've been wanting to make some cuff bracelets. This is my first attempt using some left over clay from my mokume gane experiments.
Not as easy as I thought and I needed to order some smooth bracelet blanks to help mold the bracelet shape. So I sent off an order to one of my favorite local suppliers that always deliver very quickly.
There's still lots to learn about this process and as much as I love these bracelets I have to make them more durable since the first one below broke the first time I tried it on. I need to make them thicker and cook longer I think to make the clay more flexible and less brittle.
Well that's the last 5 weeks of the #2015PolymerClayChallenge. I hope you enjoyed seeing what I've been doing lately. You can see everyone else's creations on facebook .
Good night and have a good week!