Monday 2 February 2015

Art Bead Scene January Art Challenge: Hundertwasser!

I've always been attracted to and fascinated by the art of Hundertwasser so when I saw that his painting Imagine Tomorrow's World was the challenge for this month I just knew  that I had to participate.
It is a beautiful, complex and colorful painting and initially I focused on all the bright colours but I couldn't find inspiration. I know it's hard to imagine not wanting to create using all of these colours for inspiration but it just wasn't doing it for me.
So I put it aside and went back to my current passion: mokume gane with polymer clay. As I worked away with the clay eventually an interesting pattern emerged and when I looked back at the painting I realized that I had duplicated the background in my experimentation. to connect more with the painting I added a spiral of hammered copper wire to reflect the circular focus at the front of the painting.

 I know that most people would immediately gravitate towards all the colours but since this didn't work for me , my muse sent me a completely different message. Pretty much the story of my life...going against the flow!
Please check out the Art Bead Scene blog to see what everybody else created. Many talented artists were inspired by this painting and there are some amazing jewelry pieces.

8 comments:

  1. Simply lovely! Funny as I was reading your entry where you said your piece looked like the background, I was bemused as I saw only the foreground landscape and had missed the top two zones which your piece looks like. I love the spiral overlay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am amazed at your finished piece and definitely see the inspiration in it. Very nicely done

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh, I love the work of Hundertwasser! I visited his museum in Vienna some years ago, such a wonderful experience! And I absolutely love what you came up with, inspired by his work. Beautiful! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. By the way, I also follow you now through google+ :)

      Delete

Thank you for all your lovely comments! I love to read them and they really make my day.