Sunday 24 March 2013

Jewel Envy

I attended a fabulous workshop yesterday at Jewel Envy in Toronto. We learned how to make sterling band rings and it was so much fun! Our teacher was the very talented
Chia Chen Tsai or Ellen as she goes by. Great instructor.....patient and encouraging.

My ring!
 It was like magic to see how we went from a small rectangle of silver to a beautiful finished ring in 5 hours. It was an amazing workshop where we learned metal piercing, sawing ,annealing, soldering, filing, finishing, shaping and polishing.

I can't believe how much we covered in one day. Great studio space and every tool you could ever want for jewelry making. They have fabulous classes and I'm already deciding what my next one will be. It's a toss up between bezel setting or enameling or maybe another band ring class to practise the skills I learned yesterday!
It sure was a humbling experience to work among professional jewelers and realize how much work goes into each piece of jewelry. I doubt if I'll ever reach the level of these jewelers but it's great to have their example as inspiration.


This is my class......My friend Meg; Joanne and me! Another great day in the Roncesvalles neighbourhood!

Well today I'm hunkering down to finish my challenges for next weekend reveals.
I've made a piece for Jasper  Gem's colour challenge and for the monthly Art Bead Scene challenge so I better get to it , also I'm working on all my pieces for Bead Soup Blog Party : reveal date April 13th. Stay tuned!

3 comments:

  1. Soooo interesting. Great rings!

    I’m part of the bead soup party. Looking forward to the reveals. I'm your first follower. I have a new blog. Please consider following my jewelry blog. Thanks.
    http://vintagememoriesjewelry.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your lovely comments! I love to read them and they really make my day.