Monday 31 March 2014

My Bead Soup from Austria!

I've been impatiently waiting for Michi to receive my bead soup so I could post what incredible pretties she sent me.It's a unusual color palette for me but after studying it for the last week I've become very excited about it and have several designs percolating. I know that most people try to use a new technique with their soups so I'm working on that idea as well.
Now without further adieu here's my soup:

 Great black,grey and green lampwork focals and beads made by Michi herself! Colour palette is black, orangey red and my favorite colour of green as you can tell from my blog and shop! Before I adopted this green as the colour for my brand my favorite colour was this shade of red. I love agates in this colour and she sent me two selections of these as well as a string of beautiful carnelian .

Of course there is much more lampwork  in shades of green and two amazing sets of Czech beads. I love those semi-opaque green discs and will have fun with those. There's a neat, delicate silver clasp which is perfect. Black is represented by hand-dyed silk ribbon and a string of hematite discs.

I don't know how Lori does it but my partner is so in tune with me. I've only recently started using lamp work and I can't get enough of it! My absolute favorite go-to shape for beads is discs and look at how many I got!And don't get me started on hematite......another staple in my stash!
I don't want to forget the string of funny funnel shaped seashells. What fun!

So that's my bounty from Michi. Hop over to her blog to see what I sent her. I'm excited to see what she makes of this.
 See you on the other side....May 3rd!

7 comments:

  1. What a beautiful collection, Nan... you are sure to be mucho inspired (I just came from Michi's blog and saw what you sent... wow!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Monique. It is so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely soup! Michi's lampwork is to die for ;-) You'll have great time cooking!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy soup ...and the vocal beads is awesome...
    Cannot wait to see the result :-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. So this kind of green seems to be our both favourite, Nan :0) Can't get out without that colour. If my olive green glass rods are out of stock, I get panic attacks ;0) !
    I'm curious, what you will design with it - sure it will be great!
    And I feel so comfortable with your soup too - already have some great visions, hope I can realize them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous soup. I will be back to see what you make with it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Nan! I love Michi's lampwork! That owl is adorable, and the wonderful mix she created is going to be such fun. You will make gorgeous art jewelry with this bead mix! It's warm and lovely, just like you!

    I stopped over at Michi's blog too & saw the gorgeous soup you sent her too -- the "Nanmade" bags are so neat and the mix of art beads and gems and jewel beads inside reflect your great talent at jewelry design, your lovely style, and are true treasures for Michi to create with!

    I can't wait to see what you both make. xxoo Rita

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your lovely comments! I love to read them and they really make my day.