Monday 14 April 2014

ABS April challenge

This month the inspiration is a lovely painting by Edgar Degas with a group of ballet dancers in a beautiful composition of form and colour."Swaying Dancers"


I was captivated by the use of the colours blue-green and orange which is one of my favorite combinations especially for Spring. And of course the swaying movement of the dancers!

I made a very simple pair of earrings to represent this painting using beautiful lampwork beads from The Spacer Queen and a  Unicorne spacer with a lovely blue green centre. The copper dangles I've had for about a year and they were perfect for this challenge. I hope you like!


Now that I've got that challenge complete it's on to playing with my Bead Soup. I've already got a few pieces made and there are more to come! 
Check back on May 3rd for the big reveal

2 comments:

  1. The charms is cute =) lovely earring...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty, Nan :) The center lampies look a little wonky, so the stacks reminds me of someone with a hula hoop (I used to love those!) Love the composition :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your lovely comments! I love to read them and they really make my day.