Saturday 11 April 2015

Late butterfly!

Feeling bad about missing the butterfly party that was hosted by Alenka of Pepita Handmade. After a frustrating day yesterday of trying to learn how to build a butterfly cane I spent a few hours(lol) looking at butterflies on Pinterest and came across a tutorial on origami butterflies and thought I could manage that.
While looking through my Japanese paper collection today I found this pretty butterfly paper so decided to use it for the origami.


I've always wanted to try more origami beyond the basics. This is a variation of Akira Yoshizawa's origami butterfly that comes from this blog. This was posted to celebrate his 101st birthday....creator of modern origami.


Phew! I managed to meet this challenge after all. I hope you like my little butterfly and will enjoy hopping around to all the other participants blogs to see their wonderful butterflies! Here's the list again.

1. Alenka (Pepita) 
2. Monique (A Half-Baked Notion)
3. Beti Horvath
4. Kathy Lindemer
5. Kepi
6. Christine Altmiller
7. Amy S.
8. Dini Bruinsma
9. Cynthia (Antiquity Travelers)
10. Alicia
11. sheilaposter
12. Therese Frank
13. Rebecca White
14. Rachel Mallis
15. Liz E
16. Ana (ACBeads)
17. Jasvanti Patel
18. Carolyn
19. Nan Smith

9 comments:

  1. So happy you joined in after all, Nan! This is a sweet project :) I looked up a few origami tutes for my handmade paper but decided the thick, uneven paper was unsuitable for precise folding :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to see your handmade paper, Monique. Paper making was the very first craft I attempted in my retirement prep period! Seemed like a lot of mess and work and there is so much lovely handmade paper readily available that I wasn't encouraged to stick to it. Besides once I tried jewelry making I was very happy . Now my jewelry making is being neglected somewhat because of my love of polymer clay. I'm on my way to your blog now! Take care!

      Delete
  2. Hi Nan,
    I'm really hapy you've found the way to join in the blog hop, thank you!
    I admire the art of origami, good choice. Your buttefly is really pretty.
    Alenka

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nan, sometimes our plans don't go as we had envisioned, but I'm glad you've managed to meet the challenge and present us with a lovely butterfly using the origami technique.
    All the best,
    Ana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes Nan, I do like your origami ♥butterfly♥ it's really pretty! A good way to be able to participate!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love origami, although am not very good at it. I have a friend who showed me how to fold a crane, oh about a hundred times, and I still keep forgetting. Sweet butterfly :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love origami...seeing other people's, that is ;-)
    Your butterfly is so sweet!
    And thanks for the kind comment on my blog ~ I really appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this is a fantastic Origami butterfly! and this does look a bit complex - my daughters and I love origami and have been doing the basics for years, but nothing this complex. This is really wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your lovely comments! I love to read them and they really make my day.